Cell phones are allowed in the library. Please be considerate of others, don't use your phone in the designated quiet areas.
SAIC Circulating Resource Usage Policy
Food & drink policy
Food is not allowed in any area of the library.
Beverages in covered cups are only allowed in the main library.
No food or beverages are allowed in Special Collections / Joan Flasch Artists' Book Collection.
Using study rooms
603 SHARP - INDIVIDUAL MEDIA VIEWING STATIONS
● Walk in use only (no reservations).
● Only for viewing/listening on the equipment provided.
● Limit use to approximately 2 hours (or the length of the movie, album, etc.).
602 SHARP - GROUP MEDIA VIEWING ROOM (for SAIC groups of 2-12 people)
613 SHARP - LIBRARY INSTRUCTION ROOM (for SAIC groups of 12 or more)
Room reservations are accepted (in order of priority) for the following:
1. Library instruction
2. Viewing items from the Flaxman Library collections (approx 2 hrs; see 603 policy)
3. Thesis presentations by SAIC students to their thesis committees (approx 60-90 minutes)
4. Student advising by faculty (30-60 minute sessions)
Walk-in use is okay at other times, but you must give up the room if/when it is reserved or needed for video viewing. Leave the door open so that other walk-ins may also use the room. Keep noise at acceptable levels that do not disturb others using the library.