SAIC is a member of a group called I-Share, which includes 90+ other libraries throughout the state of Illinois. I-Share Libraries have all agreed to share materials with one another, giving students, faculty, and staff, access to a multitude of materials. This tool is especially useful when Flaxman items are checked out, or if they fall outside of the scope of Art + Design. This page will cover searching and requesting items from other I-Share institutions. NOTE: For Fall 2020, in order to maintain safety standards, expect 5-8 days for I-Share items to arrive for pick up.
1. Navigate to the library homepage at www.saic.edu/library. Once there, use the search box to being your research.
2. This will bring you to a results page. Before scrolling through your results, click Sign In and enter your ARTIC username and password.
3. Now take a look at you search results. Many of the items may say Available, but others may state they are Not Available.
4. This means that our copy is in use, but we can see if other libraries have one that we can request! Select the item and a right side pane window will appear. Under Location Items you will see it says Main Library: Out of the library, from here we can request this title from another library by selecting the Request from I-Share link under the Get It section.
5. This will open a form that is mostly pre-populated. The default pickup location is School of the Art Institute. Once everything looks good, select the Send Request link at the bottom of the form.
If your request was successful you should see a confirmation notification.
You can check the status of your request at anytime by navigating to your library account in the top right hand corner and selecting My Requests.
This will bring you to a page with all of the requests on your account, as well as their status. Once the item is ready to be picked up, you will get an email notification!